Giving is one of the most effective and direct ways alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff and students can contribute to the success of Missouri State University and our students.
Your participation is what is most important and your gift can help any area you choose. Consider making an annual gift to an area you feel passionate about. Every gift, no matter its size, makes a difference and allows us to continue to provide quality educational opportunities.
Why should I give?
Missouri State is committed to providing our students the opportunity to earn a high quality education. Increases in tuition and constraints of state funding have created financial challenges for students. Many are from modest means; some are first generation college students. More than half of the cost of education now comes from tuition and fees. This is a big change from 30 years ago when the state covered nearly 80 percent of the cost of an education at Missouri State. Your gift will allow Missouri State to continue to improve the opportunities for our students.
- The state only covers less than 30% of what it takes for each student to receive an education; private gifts help students afford the rising cost of higher education.
- To keep tuition as low as possible and to maximize available scholarships your support is more important than ever.
- The average Missouri State student graduates with $24,000 in students loans which are getting more and more difficult to receive due to the "credit crunch."
- Annual alumni participation impacts university ranking in publications like US News and World Report and impacts the amount of financial support that corporations and foundation provide to Missouri State. Despite nationwide trends, last fiscal year Missouri State had more alumni donors than any year in the past thanks to our loyal alumni leaders.
- Every gift makes an incredible impact on the University and our students when combined with the gifts of our other alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students.
Annually Funded Scholarships
There are many ways to support Missouri State on an annual basis and one of the many ways is the creation of an annually funded scholarship. Annually funded scholarships allow a donor to fund an award through a once-a-year gift or gifts made throughout the year on a payment schedule. The scholarship lasts for as long as the donor continues to make contributions to the fund. The minimum commitment to create an annually funded scholarship is $1,000 per year for at least 5 years.
Special giving opportunities
When you give back. We all move forward. Thank you for joining us as we aspire to take Missouri State onward and upward.