Corporate and Foundation Relations works with MSU faculty and staff to identify prospects and coordinate funding proposals to corporations and foundations.
Resources for Faculty and Staff
Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) can assist in the following ways:
- Help identify funders with interests aligned with your project
- Provide research tools
- Develop strategies to approach the funder
- Open doors, arrange meetings with funders, and serve as your partner in soliciting funding
- Enlist University administrators, alumni, and others with ties to specific foundations or corporations to help endorse your proposal and pave the way for a request
- Provide institutional information and foundation financial documentation
- Assist in reviewing, editing and submitting proposals
- Facilitate gift acceptance, compliance, and stewardship
Begin with Foundation Directory Online (FDO) Quick Start a free search tool providing public access to essential information about over 100,000 foundations.
Foundation Directory Online Professional, offering expanded grantmaker profiles and research tools, is available at the Greene County Library Center.
If you need further assistance, you may complete the Foundation Directory Online Advanced Search form for a search for private funders to be conducted on your behalf. A CFR staff member will contact you regarding your search request.
Philanthropy News Digest offers daily news and RFP alerts customized by subject and/or geographic location. Visit their website to sign up and manage your selections.
If you are a grant-seeker, please complete the Project Outline form as completely as possible. A CFR staff member will contact you with appropriate next steps. Please submit requests for private funding assistance at least 30 days in advance of the proposal deadline.